[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Need help finding information about my amp

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Need help finding information about my amp

Posts related to guitar and bass amplifiers

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by HGguitarplayer » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:41 pm

I have a Sears Roebuck Guitar Amp.
All I know about it is:
Model number: 257.14245800

The amp consists of a head and a cabinet that has two speakers in it. The front of the head has 2 sections, each containing a 'hi' input, 'lo' input, volume knob, bass knob, treble knob, and reverb knob. One section has an SR logo and the other says LA 45. There is also a foot switch input and what appears to be a red light.
The amp works and sounds great. It is in excellent condition. I want to know more specs about this amp, the year in which it was manufactured, and maybe a possible value of this amp today. Any information is appreciated. Ask questions if there's anything else I may have missed.
HGguitarplayer

by theehman » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:25 am

Some pics would help. There's a lot of companies that supplied Silvertone amps.
Ron Neely II
The EH Man, All-Knowing Guru of Electro-Harmonix
Electro-Harmonix info: http://electroharmonix.vintageusaguitars.com
Home of RonSound effects: http://www.ronsound.com
fx schematics and repairs
theehman

by cheepaxes » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:22 pm

What theehman said.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by HGguitarplayer » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:35 pm

I'm sorry about the enormous picture sizes.
HGguitarplayer

by Spud1950 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:14 pm

I can offer a slight morsel ,as I can't find any specific info on that amp model on the net. Sears stopped using the "Silvertone" brand name sometime in 1972. Since your amp only says Sears on it, it can't be older then 1972. Here's a page of some early 70s Sears amps, but they have slant panels, not straight like yours. From the style of it, I'm guessing yours is maybe a later 70s,early 80s amp?

Spud1950

by HGguitarplayer » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks, this really helps. The picture on the website you linked to has every model on it around the 1424. That and the 1429 seem to be the only ones missing. My guess is that my amp is indeed from the early 70s.
HGguitarplayer

Return to Vintage Guitar Amplifiers

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts