[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Value of NEAR MINT Vox Berkeley Super Reverb Tube Amp

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Value of NEAR MINT Vox Berkeley Super Reverb Tube Amp

Posts related to guitar and bass amplifiers

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by themouse1 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:03 pm

I originally posted this in the "whats my guitar worth" section of the forums. I guess this is where I should have posted it. So here it is.

Hey guys, I got so much help from the Vintaxe community a few months ago on putting a valuation on my minty Vox Phantom XII Stereo guitar that I decided to turn to you experts again.

I've got a real nice Vox Berkeley Super Reverb amplifier that I plan to sell but want to get an idea of its value first. As seen in the pictures, this thing is nearly dead mint. Given it's age, I'm thinking that this has got to be one of the cleanest ones left on the planet. The vinyl is as tight as the day it left the factory. No rips in the fabric in front of the speakers. Even though its not in the pictures, I do have the original three prong plug that connects the amp to the speaker cabinet. Only cosmetic issues I see are

1.)The white piping trim has discolored to a yellow/orange color.
2) Rust on the caster wheel covers and the hand strap trim
3.) One small tear in the vinyl covering (an area about the size of the tip of a pencil eraser).
4.) Some very very minor pitting on the chrom trolley. I even think that these will come out with a little rubbing with some fine steel wool.

Other than these issues, there really isnt any other cosmetic concerns.

I just got it a few day days ago so I haven't had a chance to get a guitar player over to the house to test it for me (I'm a keyboard player). i do know it powers up . Im assuming everything works properly and will verify proper operation before offering it for sale. My casual inspection reveales that at least some of the tubes are original Vox tubes. I did see one in there that was electrovoice though.

Seems that information on the web is pretty scarce for this model. lots of information for the later solid state Berkeley II and III but not much for this tube version. Also could not find a picture on the net that matched what the footswitch to this one looks like. Found lots of pic of the egg model with one switch but not one with dual switches like this one. Any help you guys could give me on the value of this beauty would be greatly appreceiated. I've also included a pic of the serial so maybe someone can date this for me. I'm guessing 1966 or 1967. Don't think I'm going to be willing to ship it overseas so I hope there is enough interest in the US to make Ebaying it worth the trouble. Any idea of the value???

themouse1

by themouse1 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:17 pm

themouse1

by themouse1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Okay guys, the Ebay auction is over and the final selling price was..........(drum roll)............
themouse1

by Spud1950 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:31 pm

I was watching your auction.I'm not surprised the bid went that high.That amp is in unbelievably fine condition and from what I found out on the net,being the tube model,pretty rare.They didn't make that many of the tube model before switching to the much more common solid state version. I wish I would have had the extra cash right now to have snagged it for myself!
Spud1950

by VintAxe » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:18 pm

Congratulations themouse1, I hope you are happy with the selling price.

I actually checked the Blue Book for the estimated value of this amp but as you indicated, it was rare enough not to be listed. I also looked for my Vox Amp book to supply additional details, but I couldn't find it. How frustrating when I don't return books to the shelf.

I think you probably just set the new Blue Book Value. Hopefully, Zack is paying attention to this. :wink:
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Guitar Amplifiers

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts