[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - YAMAHA AMPS????

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

YAMAHA AMPS????

Posts related to guitar and bass amplifiers

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by fastblack74 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:58 pm

Hello,

I have questions about 2 different yamaha amps, first the one i use now , a JX Series 15, i assume this means jazz cause of the brown and gold color scheme of this amp.rial number on my JX 15 is 6557, is this a seventies or eighties amp? In high school i bought a yamaha half stack from the pawn shop.
It had two channels, reverb, trem/vib?, wow wow/ wah wah? flip switches, sliders for all controls, reverb and was bout a hundred watts- it was covered in grey tolex with a matching 2 twelve cb that had an power amp? or something in it, you had to plug the cab into the electricial out on the head, and then plug in the speakers too!!! this thing was wacky and never seen another.
Any ideads?
"Stomper of Switches-Destroyer of Batteries"
fastblack74

by cheepaxes » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:29 pm

I think I had a friend who owned a JX-series Yamaha. I think his may have been a JX-30 or something. I don't recognize the Yamaha half stack you describe. I bought a new Yamaha G100-212 back in 1980 or so and it was my main amp for the next 15 years, before i started buying tube amps. I still have it but I'm pretty much planning on putting it up for sale because I don't have room for it anymore.

Yamaha made good amps. They tend to run a long time with few problems and sound pretty good, for solid state.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by jedistar » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:06 am

Found a review here on a jx30
http://www.guitargearheads.com/modules/ ... p?lid=6162

This guy talks about a JX-25 and inlcudes a photo
http://www.kozmix.org/music/toys/

This guy got a JX65D
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/1/42511.html

JX40 on ebay at moment
http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-JX40-Guitar- ... dZViewItem

Harmony Central reviews on lots of JX series. Also cabs and heads including old stuff.
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi ... and/Yamaha

Now if you really want to date this thing the best idea is too look at dating the speakers from codes or transformer or pots in the amp.. Start with what numbers you can find before you take it apart.

Help at http://www.jedistar.com/jedistar%20amp%20dating.htm
look at top links...

Also Vintaxe has lots of old Yamaha amp catalogs so it might be worth a subscription...

Good luck
jedistar

Return to Vintage Guitar Amplifiers

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts