[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Many NOS Marshall parts open for trades

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Many NOS Marshall parts open for trades

Posts related to guitar and bass amplifiers

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by vintagecharlie » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Dear forum members,

i've taken pics of all my NOS Marshall parts that i'm willing to trade to complete the NOS parts list of this build: http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=31853

The collection includes all Marshall relevant 1/2w Piher values, all 1w values, almost all 1/2w and 1w Iskra values, Mullard Mustard caps in .1uF, .022uF and .018uF, all RS silvered mica values, many Lemco, SRC, RMC values, some RS and Hunts/Erie electrolytics (including 10uF, 16uF, 32+32uF, 50uF), 2w Allen Bradley carbon comp resistors in relevant values, full set of AB 1/2w cc's, RS ("grey dog bone") and Welwyn wire wound resistors, a Bulgin socket and a Belling Lee fuse holder, KT66 tube retainers ("china hats"), Mullard tropical fish caps in .01uF and .22uF and lot's of other stuff. Also some non-Marshall and a few modern parts are included, in case someone is interested.

Here's a link to the full picture gallery of my stash:
http://s802.photobucket.com/albums/yy30 ... r%20Trade/

I'm ready to trade almost everything that can be seen in the gallery as, with a few exceptions, i have more than enough spares for the most components. There are a few parts i'd keep as spares for the moment, but would be ready to trade or sell them after the amp is built and i know it's working as it should.

What i'm looking for is - first and foremost - original reddish/brown Radiospares turret board material or "hole board" as used by Marshall in the 60's, enough to make a 27x8 hole and a 17x11 hole board as in a 45/100 amp. Afaik the RS hole board usually comes in 27x21 hole sheets and looks like the one here:

http://www.valvepower.co.uk/components.htm

For a good, unmolested sheet (or enough of unmolested material to make both boards) i'd be able to offer really great trades - just let me know what you're after in exchange for this stuff and i'm sure we'll make a great deal.

I'd also be very interested in the following:
- NOS or used black-colored voltage, impedance selectors as used in the 45/100 and earlier Marshall amps (not the later brown colored ones), look like the ones here:
http://www.amparchives.com/album/Marsha ... 00952.html
- NOS or used RS or other era correct brand pots in 5k, 25k, 250 and 1m,
- NOS or used arrow toggle switches with the correct ring for 66 era
- Arced RS logo electrolytics in 32uF@450v (7x :D ),
- the white (carbon comp?) resistors used in vintage Fuzz Faces (in Fuzz Face relevant values).

And maybe also these last bits would interest me:
- 1x 250uF @ 6v Wima or other era correct cap,
- 2x 8uF or 10uF @ 150v Hunts or other era correct caps,
- 47pF, 100pF, 560pF (or 556pF ;) ) arced RS logo silvered mica, featuring the older, bolder 3-line inscription (exactly like the 250pF and 270pF arced RS logo caps in my gallery).

Please feel free to PM me with any questions and offers.

Thanks a lot in advance!

All the best,

VintageCharlie
vintagecharlie

Return to Vintage Guitar Amplifiers

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts