[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Audition Amp (Teisco)

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Audition Amp (Teisco)

Posts related to guitar and bass amplifiers

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by elronnightshade » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:59 am

Satellite 65/T
Wesley Graduate
Unmarked Strat Copy
3/4 size, home "electrified", acoustic
elronnightshade

by Mgeek » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:13 am

There was one of these in the crummy local music shop for years when I was a kid... never had a price on it, and I never had the balls to ask the scary owner.

Looks pretty cool after all these years though! Regardless of the valve/transistor snobbery, an amp with built in spring reverb and tremelo isn't to be sniffed at
Mgeek

by elronnightshade » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:46 am

ah, even i think that a full tube amp sounds better than a tranni! But hey, it reli dosnt sound to bad once you find the right settings, add in my beringer tube overdrive pedal and she sounds fine:)
Satellite 65/T
Wesley Graduate
Unmarked Strat Copy
elronnightshade

by 59Bassman » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:24 am

I AM THE POSTER from where you found the background info on this amp!

That pic I took is how mine still looks today as was taken a few months ago but as I said in my blurb, I use the cabinet as an external 1x12 (now loaded with either a Celestion V30 or an Eminence Cannabis Rex) for other amps I have. Currently is in use with a Fender Super Champ XD. I have though used the head as an FX unit simply by stereo outing the signal to it (and the cab) for a full-on Tremolo and spacious Reverb and run the other side of the stereo signal dry (usually from a Cornford Roadhouse or a Pignose G40V valve amp which have no onboard reverb etc). This works well believe it or not!

I also think that the Guyatone brand of amps were made by same company as when you look at detailed pics pics, you will see same parts utilised and even the same Mitsubishi speakers. The Guyatone copies of Fender Silver Face Reverb amps were astonishingly good and quite sort after. Also it seemed to me that this Audition was losely styled on a Fender Black Face Bassman/Bandmaster stack of the 60's the Band Master had Tremolo also.

My amp cost £30 in 1972 new. I saved up paper round money, and birthday money. I had bought my first guitar many months earlier (Avon SG copy) and was so desperate to play it plugged in to something. Back then, amps were not cheap or plentiful and £30 was a fair amount to pay. I nearly sold it once to a Pro musician who wanted a practice amp but he only offered £25 and I wanted £35 ! So it stayed. Glad of it to, as is nice now to have a piece of music folklore to call my own... Oh and the inputs are stagged ie, the RHS is higher gain going to lower on LHS and will take 3 guitars input all at once - which is why I was popular at school!

59Bassman

by elronnightshade » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:42 am

thank you very much, more great info and beautiful pics
Satellite 65/T
Wesley Graduate
Unmarked Strat Copy
elronnightshade

by 59Bassman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:55 am

59Bassman

Return to Vintage Guitar Amplifiers

• View new posts