[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Time Capsule Silvertone 1482

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Time Capsule Silvertone 1482

Posts related to guitar and bass amplifiers

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Riffraff » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:13 pm

This summer I was on the hunt for a Deluxe Reverb. I was searching Craigslist night & day hoping to see one come up. I just missed a SF one nearby selling for $200 and was beside myself. I spotted it right away but the seller didn't list a phone number. I emailed immediately but someone else still managed to beat me to the punch. Then one morning I came across a listing for a Silvertone 1482. Lucky for me it was listed in the electronics section so it was missed by all the vintage amp hounds. I wasn't familiar with the model but had heard that the old tube Silvertone amps had some major mojo. I did a quick search to find out what it was and discovered that it was Danelectro's take on a '50s Tweed Deluxe...dual 6V6 powered, 15 watt, tube rectified with a tube driven tremolo. I thought it was basically the same thing that I was looking for so I contacted the seller. He told me he had found it while cleaning out the home of a relative that had passed away. He said it was in a spare bedroom that was used as a storage area. He said he grabbed a box thinking he could use it to pack and found the amp inside it. I told him I was very interested and would be by in the morning to see it. What I found when I got there was even more than I hoped for.

This is the box he was talking about.

The amp looks like new. I have to keep reminding myself it's 46 years old.

Fresh Silvertone labeled RCAs throughout

It sounds just as good as it looks too. Here are some clips of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6QOhUHi6U0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgxY7D5n5_w

The amp basically sat in it's original box for the last 46 years. It's definitely not something you find very often. I’ve got to say, I'm REALLY enjoying it.
Riffraff

by VintAxe » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Wow, that's probably a top 5 sweet deal of a lifetime 8)

Just goes to show what persistence and a willingness to go the extra step when searching can do for you. Congratulations :)
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Riffraff » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:52 am

Thanks, I'm having a lot of fun with it. These little 1482 amps are tone monsters.
Riffraff

by Spud1950 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Spud1950

by Mgeek » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:02 am

Amazing!

Also amazing that it works and doesn't have a bunch of leaking caps!
Mgeek

by Riffraff » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:42 pm

It's dead quiet and the caps look like new too.

Fresh as a daisy inside and out.

Here are a few clips. This one is with the channels jumpered, crazy but you can actually do it on this amp!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLrdF4s44Nc
Another modern country clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UMVslwn1Vs
Riffraff

by Riffraff » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:26 am

Sweet tube driven tremolo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NIZIopzxDo

Riffraff

by Riffraff » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:15 am

Riffraff

Return to Vintage Guitar Amplifiers

• View new posts