[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - TAKT GA-14 amp

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

TAKT GA-14 amp

Posts related to guitar and bass amplifiers

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by slotrod65 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi Gang,

I have a TAKT GA-14 amp. It is an oddball for sure and I am having trouble fidning a schematic. Pics are below:

It has a weird tube compliment: 1-12AX7, and 2- 6BM8 tubes for power.
The cab is well built and has an 8" speaker. Unlike so many other cheapie amps, it has an decent power transformer transformer, and a good sized outlet transformer.

The amp is powerful, but the speaker is blown, and just sounds crappy. The trem is non functional as well.

I can find out nothing about these amps, except that they were sold in discount stores like Woolworths.

So, I am searching for a schematic... I need to find out the resistance rating for the speaker.

Any other info about Takt would be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Fred

slotrod65

by Spellcaster » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm

I've been watching this thread with interest, as I also have a small Takt amplifier that I'd like to find service information for. This was a working amp that unfortunately got turned up and cranked when one of the speaker wires had become detached. It's let the magic smoke out, so it'll need a service, but the tech I use will want a schematic. Also, all the tube numbers are burned off so I have no idea what tubes to buy for it.

I know just enough to be dangerous...
Spellcaster

Return to Vintage Guitar Amplifiers

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts