[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - RARE 1960s early 1970s 300 watt all tube amp EMC SCORPIO

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

RARE 1960s early 1970s 300 watt all tube amp EMC SCORPIO

Posts related to guitar and bass amplifiers

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by garmenteros » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:30 pm

I just joined the forum because this is the only website I could find online that contained information on the EMC amp company. However all I saw is that they have catalogs and I was hoping if any other information was available. THIS IS AN EMC SCORPIO AMP head. This appears to be an improved and much powerful version of a FENDER BASSMAN amp because it works for both bass and guitar. Tjis amp is divided into two sections. The main section of the amp has the following controls: gain, volume, bass and treble and bass and guitar inputs or high low gain inputs (I AM NOT SURE). The other section of the amp is the VIBRATO section. It boasts speed and intensity controls as well as gain, volume, bass and treble and bass and guitar inputs or high low gain inputs (I AM NOT SURE). The amp also has a master reverb knob separate from either section.This way yoy can use vibrato alone, reverb alone, or both. It has two switches to the far right of the amp that seem to be tube overdrives for each effect. She also has a power switch and another switch which I do not know what its function is. She ahs 3 speaker outputs in the back... I do not know how many OHMS each is or the configurations. She also has a footswitch jack and and effects jack. I tested her out with my stingray 5 hh and vintage fender jazz. Both sounded very good thru 2 15s and thru a marshall 4 by 12. Sounded like an SVT on steroids. Very loud and clear. She began to distort AFTER a while though on the 4 by 12s which I figure because its a guitar cab. I also tested her with an eden 4 by 10 with some random european 6 sring and she sounded dip and midrangy. As for guitars i tried her with an IBANEZ ST 50 and a shecter 7 string. Doesnt cut it for metal... not ugly enough. CLEANS on her were superb... and effects clear and vry easy to tweak and versatile. turned 4 5 oclock up she started to distorion like a marshall from the 70s. Again I used 1960A marshall for this. Anyways I want specific info on this amp or if anyone is interested in buying or if its a GOOD amp by aNY means.. Is it worth retubing etc....

P.D. HOW DO I UPLOAD PICS.
garmenteros

by VintAxe » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:24 pm

Hey garmenteros, welcome to the Forum.

To post pictures, just follow the instructions at the top of the Forum under VintAxe Information -> Posting a Picture on VintAxe.

I can tell you the EMC catalogs focus more on specs than operating details.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by jedistar » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:41 am

jedistar

Return to Vintage Guitar Amplifiers

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts